Tuesday, February 3, 2009

ew.

so...If you cant handle gross things. Don't read.
Three weeks ago I got a small zit on my face. not uncommon right? so I continued my daily routines... school, gym, friends, blah blah blah. Everyday I noticed the breakout getting worse and worse. Not to mention it was painfully itchy. I finally decided that saturday to go to the urgent care. Nothing i tried worked, I couldn't take it anymore.  When I got to the doctor they diagnosed me with IMPETIGO! gross i know. Guess where I got it from?! THE GYM!! even more gross! I had to throw away all my make up, wash all my clothes, sheets, towels. and disinfect everything.
He gave me an oral perscription and advised me to buy OXY a benzyol peroxide face wash. harmless right?

Poor me didn't know I was ALLERGIC to benzyol peroxide. hah, so the next day my face was bright red, because it basically burned my face off, and I couldn't open my eyes!! my face was so swollen! the worst part...I had to go to school because it was my first week! everyone at school thought I was a freak.  Finally after 3 weeks I am healed. and my classmates have seen my real face, hah, they were a bit less scared.

If you notice in the "birthday weekend" post my face is still a bit red. ick.

what I've learned from this...
1.) do not touch your face at the gym!!! not even an itch.
2.) wash your hands. duh leah.
3.) don't judge people who's faces are broken out! it could be worse!
4.) maybe test a small area of the face before using a new face wash. lol
5.) be grateful for clear skin! even if there is a zit or two. haha

ew. 

3 comments:

Chels Allred said...

thats sick! they clearly arent cleaning the machines correctly..or even at all at the gym..but your face on your birthday weekend actually just looks tan..its nice.

Allison Barnes said...

ouch!! that sounds so yucky! I bet you wanted to wear a sign that explained it.

Happy Birthday!
Allison

Lauren said...

You poor thing! I'm glad your face is back to normal! We miss you too!

My Tunes

gh