Monday, July 27, 2009

oh boy...here he goes!


Tanner's farewell was this weekend. He did so great!! The program was wonderful! here are some pics of our "final festivities". :)





I can't say it enough but I'm so proud of him, and I know he will be a great missionary and will be loved by all the people in Honduras. He's ready. :)

"I believe there is nothing in all the world that can compare with the joy that a man feels when he realizes that he has been the instrument in the hands of the living God of reaching some honest heart, inspiring in it a love of God and the desire to serve Him."
- Heber J. Grant


3 comments:

Chase + Destiny said...

aw this made me teary eyed, it reminded me when my sister sent off alec. Youll be the best Missionary GF. Love ya.

Paige Nelson said...

Aww Leah I know it must be so hard for you right now. It's such a bitter/sweet feeling huh? It didn't hit me until like the 4th night that Landry had been gone that I wasn't going to see him for two years and I had a complete breakdown. All I kept saying to my mom (through awful sobs) was "I just wish it was 3 months from now...at least 3 months" and now it's been 6 1/2 months! Everyone always tells me it will go by fast and I never believe them...but looking back these 6 months did go kinda quick. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is...we're in the same boat girl and I know that nothing is harder than those first couple weeks so please please PLEASE feel free to text/call me if you need anything. 370-5132 :) I promise it will get better when you get that first letter.

p.s. I LOVE that quote...I'm going to send it to Elder Peterson if that's okay. :)

Angeleah Bertoldo said...

thanks girls!! It's hard, and it will probably get even harder, but I would be so much more sad if he wasn't going. ya know? I'm just trying to stay positive. :)

ill for sure hit you up paige. your too cute. :) i cant believe its been over 6 months.

My Tunes

gh