Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Big Apple.

Melinda and I got to go to New York this past weekend to take a color certification test for Redken. It was really awesome, and scary, and exciting, and overwhelming all at the same time. i get my results in like 6 weeks...so we'll see. luckily there are retakes if you don't pass a portion. lol




Anyway, after we got all our testing out of the way we hit the town. on saturday night we went and saw West Side Story which was awesome! i really liked it. we got pretty cheap seats that were kind of far away but hey...its all about the music right?



On sunday we went and saw Mary Poppins...it was by far the best show i have ever seen. dare i say, i liked it better than Wicked. Im a sucker for Disney. It was so great. Then we walked around a little street fair...ate bomb italian sausages, then we walked like a billion blocks...lol, (my feet were tired) to Washington park and shopped around a bit and then went on a haunted tour. it was pretty fun. not as scary as i hoped...but there were some interesting stories...haha.





On Monday we shopped around some more, had lunch at a cute little place and then headed for the airport. it was a pretty quick trip...but we got everything we wanted accomplished. :)

Traveling buddies that work well together are hard to find. but i must say melinda and i are a pretty good match. we like to do all the same things. She's adorable.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Leah you are so cute and I'm sure you did great on the test! And can you please do my hair again next time I see you?! :)

Brandy Langford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandy Langford said...

Oh my gosh how fun!! I'm SO jealous. I love New York! I'll want to see Mary Poppins now ha--Wicked it my absolute favorite!! You look so cutel in these pics :)

My Tunes

gh